At Power Over Life, we’re passionate about helping others improve their lives through understanding, and applying important life skills to help them gain power OVER their lives. We are excited to announce the first annual Gaining Power Over Life Scholarship for the 2017-2018 school year.
This is a new scholarship we have created for 2017, and our goal is to have one every year from here on out.
We also hope to raise more awareness to our scholarship, and increase the value of the award, as well as the number of awards each year.
For the 2017/2018 School Year, the Power Over Life Scholarship Fund will award $500 to the winner of the Gaining Power Over Life Essay Contest.
The Gaining Power Over Life Essay Contest is open to students of all majors. To qualify for entry, participants must meet the following criteria:
- Must currently be enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States. Both undergraduate and post graduate students are eligible to apply.
- Must be a legal resident of the U.S. or hold a valid student visa.
Here's what you need to know:
- The deadline for the 2017 Essay Contest is 11:59 P.M. (PST) on May 31, 2017.
- No late entries will be accepted!
- Please direct all questions concerning the scholarship and/or the Essay Contest to [email protected].
- Regrettably, no scholarship or Essay Content questions can be answered by phone.
Scholarship Question and Guidelines:
Essay Question –
Life can be difficult; in fact, it can sometimes be downright depressing and ugly… all of us have challenges, trials, and struggles in this life. Tell us about a challenge, trial, or struggle in your life that you had to overcome. Please give details about what you had to overcome, as well as how you overcame it. Provide reasoning to show how you have gained power over your life in this instance.
Essay Guidelines –
Please cover the above questions. You must write a minimum of 1,000 words; there is no maximum word count. We will focus on grammar, the ability to present clear ideas, and how you gained power over your life.
The winner will be announced on August 1, 2017, right in time for the 2017/2018 Fall Semester. The winner’s name will be announced on this page, on the given date, at 10 AM.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying, please send an email, along with your essay, to [email protected] Please send your essay in word document format. In addition, please include the following information:
- Subject: Scholarship Submission
- Full name.
- College or University Name.
- Current year in school.
- Degree program in which you are enrolled.
*Proof of school enrollment and/or legal residency status may be requested by the scholarship review team for all finalists.
We thank you for your interest – The Power Over Life Team.
Before you go, check out some of our popular articles!
330+ Ways to Make Money
Stress Management - Get Back Under Control
8 Harsh Financial Realities for Millennials
Build Confidence - A How-To Guide